How to help a depressed person who doesn't want help is a complex matter. People usually hide their depression to avoid social judgment or because they are rejected.
Reaching out to him to talk about his illness can, among other things, be like playing with fire where damage is done to the person already affected. You can also arrange anxiety depression counseling for the depressed person.
Image Source: Google
Therefore, you need to take smart and careful steps to ensure that your friend or loved one gets the medical care they need. Here are some tips that can help you:
1. Be present and courteous: all you need is your presence. If you accompany them as often as possible, they can trust you, which can also motivate them to talk about their condition in front of you.
2. Share your heart: Talking to them about your fears, vulnerabilities and concerns can also help and encourage them to talk about their concerns.
3. Be Realistic: Depression is a disease and has no cause. Therefore, don't try to find reasons why the condition affects your loved one.
4. Try to understand: Depression has a significant impact on a person's ability to think. As a result, he may be confused about certain things or harbor some misunderstandings. Try to understand the real problem and propose the right solution.
5. Have open conversations: Have friendly conversations and conversations to talk openly about your feelings, concerns, and problems. This will also help you get a deeper picture.